Learner Stories: Dr. Ephrem Malela-Massamba

Find out why Dr. Ephrem Malela-Massamba, Senior Product Engineer at Dynex Semiconductor embarked on the University of Lincoln’s “Developing a Managerial Mindset” 9-month programme earlier this year and what he’s found most useful so far.

What do you do at Dynex Semiconductor?

My main responsibility is to support the Testing Team with the Bipolar Products, assist with achieving specific customer specifications relating to Power Assemblies products and offer technical support not only to the Sales Team, but also our customers. Additionally, I am working closely with our Research and Development Team on some of our new products.

How long you’ve worked there?

Two years and three months.

What interested you in our Developing a Managerial Mindset Programme?

Understanding the main skills for managerial roles, and how to efficiently manage people within the company.

What has been the most useful part of the course so far and why?

The exercises and explanations provided during the course were very useful.

What are you doing differently as a result of this programme, and how has that improved either your performance or the performance of other people you work with?

After this first course, I asked my colleagues to give me a feedback about my work within the team, this feedback help me to manage my implication within the team.

Would you recommend this programme to other people, and if so why?

Yes of course, I will recommend this course to other people, because this course provides key elements to understand and to develop management skills.

For more details about this programme please visit our website www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/lbs/executivedevelopment